One place. Infinite possibilities.
For meeting or event space, Iowa State University boasts a large range of academic and non-academic venues, and can make arrangements with nearby off-campus hotels and meeting facilities to expand your group’s base as well. Some highlights of our options include:
- Over 275 classrooms and lecture halls
- A traditional conference center complex featuring 24 meeting rooms, 38,000 square feet of exhibit space, and two large auditoriums.
- Our beautifully restored historic Memorial Union, with 22 meeting rooms
- A variety of catering options to meet every budget, with offerings ranging from barbeque to black tie events.
- Community meeting facilities are no more than 10 minutes from the heart of campus.
Classrooms and Lecture Halls
- 215 general university classrooms in 36 buildings
- Includes advanced instructional technology including data projectors/monitors and audio system
- Offers both fixed and flexible seating options
Wherever you are located on campus, we have some options nearby to fit your size and layouts that will support the session format you prefer!
200 Beach Ave
- 451-seat theater
- No seat is more than 13 rows from performance
- Media booth with full lighting capabilities
- Permanent and portable sound systems
The uniquely designed Fisher Theater is the perfect setting for intimate performances or as a breakout for a large group session, and conveniently located next to the Scheman Building and C.Y. Stephens Auditorium.
No member of the audience is more than 13 rows from the speaker in the uniquely designed 451-seat Fisher Theater. It is a perfect setting for intimate performances.
Hansen Agriculture Student Learning Center
2508 Mortensen Rd
- Seating for 835 in Arena
- Large Atrium with capacity for 550
- 4 meeting rooms and board room
This unique facility includes a heated 33,000 square foot arena, and has been home to agricultural events, concerts, political rallies and more!
The Jeff and Deb Hansen Agriculture Student Leaning Center is a unique facility to Iowa State University. It includes a 33,000 sq. ft. arena, four classrooms, and large atrium.
1700 Center Dr
This venue is perfect for exhibit space, meal functions, performances or special events.
- 20,000 square feet of pillar free exhibit space
- 14,500 flexible seats
- Additional meeting rooms available for breakout areas
This unique and flexible space allows everyone at your event to be a part of the “Hilton Magic.”
Hilton Coliseum, a world class facility with 30,000 sq. ft. of pillar free space, is perfect for various convention activities including large or small banquets, meetings and exhibits.
ISU Alumni Center
429 Alumni Lane
- 34,500square-foot facility
- 2 Ballrooms, and several multi-purpose spaces
- Ample free parking
Home to the ISU Alumni Association, and conveniently located near the Iowa State Center. Great space for your high-touch meetings, featuring beautifully themed Iowa State meeting space, ballrooms, and unique reception areas.
A one-of-a-kind venue for meetings and special events. Contact our professional events staff to help plan your upcoming event. We are also home to the ISU Alumni Association.
ISU Memorial Union
2229 Lincoln Way
- 22 meeting rooms
- Ballrooms accommodate up to 650 people
- in-house banquet and catering services
- Adjacent Parking ramp makes parking easy!
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Enjoy contemporary services in a historic setting. The ballrooms are a great fit for exhibit space for trade shows and exhibits, and diverse meeting space sizes to fit a variety of needs.
Located in the heart of Iowa State, The Memorial Union houses the University Book Store, food, convenience store, art studio, bowling, entertainment, parking ramp and event/meeting facilities.
1407 S. University Blvd
- Largest public gardens in Iowa
- Conservatory Complex
- 14-acre complex
Reiman Gardens offers a beautiful setting for weddings, corporate retreats, holiday parties, special events and more! We’ve combined facilities and open spaces to create a flexible, affordable option for your next gathering, large or small.
17-acre public botanical garden including tropical plant conservatory, butterfly wing with hundreds of live butterflies, and gift shop. Events open to the public and annual changing displays.
Scheman Building, Suite 102
1805 Center Drive
- 25 meeting rooms
- Features Benton Auditorium, a 450 capacity auditorium
- 30,600 square feet of meeting space
- Generous outdoor flat space
- Convenient onsite catering available
The center of the Iowa State Center Complex, this building will make a great centerpiece and ‘hub’ for your next event.
Scheman acts as a great central location for any conference or gathering. The building is 30,600 square feet, and features 25 meeting rooms and two lobbies.
1805 Center Dr
- 2,749-seat auditorium (including the 112 seat orchestra pit)
- Main Floor seating for 1,702
- Onsite equipment and technical staff
- Adjacent Parking
The facility, which seats 2,749, has consistently won praise for its excellent acoustics. It was specially designed for viewing many different types of performances which provides meeting planners with a striking environment for lectures, meetings and performances. The staff can take care of any light, sound, and media needs.
This 2,747-seat auditorium (including the 112 seat orchestra pit) creates a great event with a striking environment and excellent acoustics for lectures, meetings, performances and speeches.
Within 10 minutes from campus there are several conference hotels with offerings for additional meeting space to complement your event, as well as unique alternative options such as wineries, library meeting space and more! Our staff can assist you with sourcing and contracting Ames facilities, in addition to your campus needs.